Anita Sullivan has written more than sixty plays for audio and stage. She lives in the picturesque village of Lancing on the West Sussex coast. Like many of the entrepreneurial artists on this show, she includes other highly developed skills in her portfolio. She balances playwriting with two other careers: a digital storyteller and interactive designer for corporate e- learning and – a very British passion – a landscape gardening company that she’s established. That’s a lot of different hats and administrative issue to juggle and she discusses how the work is linked and complementary.
Thank you to BBC Radio 4 drama.
Lorraine Ashbourne (Angel at My Table)
Madeline Potter and Nathan Nolan (We Need to Talk About Kevin)
Here’s where to find Anita’s work:
- Website: https://www.anitasullivan.co.uk/
- Linked-In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anita-sullivan-2a074582/
- Heart of Darkness https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000rbpg
- Kevin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30heV0SkWf0
- Ring https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypckJmbY6HY
Here are some links to work she likes:
- Binaural location recording. Almost Tangible ‘Macbeth’ https://www.almost-tangible.com/macbeth
- Factual podcast. The Coming Storm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001324q or 13 Minutes to the Moon https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3csz4dj
- Drama podcast ‘Girl in Space’ https://www.girlinspacepodcast.com/
- Site specific events. Punchdrunk ‘Faust’ https://www.punchdrunk.com/project/faust/ or Frantic Assembly ‘Dirty Wonderland’ https://www.franticassembly.co.uk/productions/dirty-wonderland
Each week in Creative Confidential Jude Kampfner chats to an independent professional performance or visual artist about how they survive and thrive. They share details of moving between projects, becoming more entrepreneurial, finding the best opportunities and developing a signature image and style. Her guests range from lyricists to novelists, videographers to sound designers.
A broadcaster, writer and coach, Jude gently probes and challenges her so that whatever your line of creativity you learn from her advice and the experiences of her lively guests.
REACH OUT TO JUDE: –
Theme music composed by Gene Pritsker.
Show Producer and Editor, Mark McDonald. Launch YOUR podcast here.